We hear the word empowerment thrown around regularly these days, whether it is in a work or personal context. But what does Empowerment really mean?
For me, Personal empowerment comes within yourself. It results in self-reliance, self-responsibility and self-respect. It takes practice and can be a very personal thing. It can also include:
• Realizing your value
• Valuing your time ( and Personal time) and expertise
• Respecting yourself (and other people)
• Standing up for yourself – assertiveness
• Having Good Boundaries in place
• Learning to say No
• Checking in with yourself? Do I want to do this? / Does this feel ok to me?
• Asking for help
• Being Calm, clear and courageous!
• Not allowing other people’s negativity to get your down
• Not taking on ‘ other peoples’ stuff
Take a look at this list today – where do you give your power away?
Do you need some more help on taking care of yourself? If so please check out my great range of self-development eBooks at www.amazingcoaching.com.au and http://www.howtoempoweryourstaff.com.au/
Lisa appears regularly in the Media, on TV, Radio and Print.