As an expert on Staff Empowerment and Employee Engagement, I am often asked for some simple employee engagement activities.
First of all, many of the most effective employee engagement techniques will not break the budget. In fact, most of them are free. Here are a few of my top tips to empower and engage your staff – for free!
1) Say Thank you. Never underestimate the power of thanking your employees for a job well done.
2) Take time to listen. What I mean by this is actively listening. Not just tuning in when you feel like it, make sure you get present and listen to what your staff have to say.
3) Ask them about their day. Your employees are human beings so take the time to build rapport and show an interest in their work and personal life.
4) Coach, rather than TELL your employees. A coaching approach encourages innovation, discussion and empowerment.
5) Complete a ‘Value’ analysis with your team members and also your leadership team. Working with the values of your staff will build empowerment and high performing teams.
For more information on how to engage and empower your staff or to book Lisa for a training session or event, please contact her at email@example.com
Lisa appears regularly in the Media, on TV, Radio and Print.