What a great news! the media is at last doing something positive when it comes to Self - Esteem!
Dani Pola from the radio show SEA FM is launching a Self-esteem Team Challenge for women to sign up to for a week for expert tips and interviews on self-esteem.
As part of this, Lisa Phillips, Sydney Speaker and Empowerment Coach will be presenting a 2 hour workshop on Self Esteem for over 70 attendees! You can also listen to Lisa being interviewed on Monday on the breakfast show with Dani and Nathan.
To find out more about this campaign, watch this space and check this link out.
Don't you feel good about yourself?
Let’s get honest here, most of us treat our family and friends better that we do ourselves and many of us spend most of our day beating ourselves up with a big stick and flood our minds with negative thoughts about how we feel not good enough or feel we ‘ should have’ done better'.
In this article I am going to share with you my top 5 tips, that used regularly, which will help raise your self-esteem and have you feeling good about yourself. If you think you haven’t got the time or maybe you believe you are too busy, then think again!
Many of these will only take a few minutes of your time or can be done when you are in the shower or perhaps brushing your teeth each morning. Remember, surely you are worth a few minutes of your own time?
Here's my top 5 tips to feel good about yourself:
1) Write a list of things that you like about yourself and your positive qualities. These could be the fact you are loving, helpful, creative, or the fact that you get things done on time. Make sure you write down at least twenty! Remember, if you are kind and loving to yourself, people will be kind and loving to you. Try to read this list at least once a day.
2) Each day affirm to yourself (at least ten times if you can!) ‘My self esteem is growing every day’ and ‘ I am a valuable, loveable person and I deserve the very best’ . If you find yourself seeking the approval of others then try affirming ‘I am willing to release the need to seek approval from others, I approve of myself’
3) Give up comparing yourself to others as it only makes you feel bad about yourself. Remind yourself that there will always be some people who have more than you, and some people who have less. Comparing yourself to others will NOT make you feel good about yourself.
4) Remind yourself that you are HUMAN. Quit beating yourself up for not being perfect. Vow each day to praise yourself, not criticize yourself. This takes practise but even if you stop yourself from criticising yourself just once then you are making great progress. Try giving yourself some self-praise every time you look in the mirror.
5) Each night before you go to bed, think about (or write down if you wish) five successful things you have done that day. This could be as simple as getting to work on time, helping a friend or cooking a healthy dinner.
Don’t wait until you do something major before you give yourself some praise.
Go for it – you deserve it!
Lisa appears regularly in the Media, on TV, Radio and Print.